Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sea Breeze Camp 2008


Logan and I were so blessed to be able to attend the last weekend of Sea Breeze Camp this year, although the day before we were to leave it didn't look like we'd make it. As you know, Logan went off antibiotics on Saturday, Feb. 9, due to an unexpected problem with his PICC line. Since he was almost at the end of the 6 week course of Vancomycin, the doctor decided to leave him off the antibiotics to see how his body would respond. Unfortunately, on Tuesday and Wednesday, he started to develop a red puffy sac under his eye. I already had airfare purchased to take him to Hobe Sound but just felt like I couldn't go without alerting the doctor to what was happening.
So Beth and I took him on Thursday afternoon and the doctor did confirm what looks like another recurrence of the infection because of stopping the antiobiotics. He has prescribed another antibiotic - oral this time - very strong, and yes, very expensive. The doctor said that if I had his phone number with me and an emergency plan if Logan got worse, I could continue with my plans to take him to Florida.
We were able to procure the medication Thursday afternoon and headed for Hobe Sound early Friday morning. It was so great to be with my husband and other sons again! Also my parents and my in-laws, too! And so many dear people and friends we have known for a long time. The Lord certainly helped Marc minister in the Word during Camp. I was blessed by the ministry of all the others, too.
The boys enjoyed being spies for truth in the children's services - here's Logan and Cameron during the program. Jordan enjoyed the youth services this year.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the prayer support during the Campmeeting - Logan was mentioned numerous times and we are so grateful for your support. We had Logan annointed and prayed for in the healing service Saturday morning and we do believe God is touching him already and causing his body to respond to this new antibiotic. He is looking quite a bit better - thank the Lord. We are to see the doctor again on Thursday, and will more than likely continue the antibiotic/antifungal course we're on since he seems to be responding at least for the time being.
Whew, I'm tired just writing all that. This has certainly been a confusing, bewildering ordeal but God is giving us strength and we're trusting Him to heal Logan completely.
We enjoyed spending a little time at the ocean, too - it's so beautiful!

I like this picture of Logan.

11 comments:

Missy said...

The ocean pics were great! Makes me wish I was in sunny Florida. I think it is so wonderful that you guys were able to go join the rest of your family. It was good to get a little bit of a break from all of the "normal" activity. =)

Love to all of you...

The Dickinsons said...

Melodie,
Enjoyed the update! SOOO GLAD that you and Logan got to go to Hobe Sound camp for the last weekend. And yes, God did help Marc and Bro. Durr as they preached.

Hoping and praying that God will help this new antibiotic to work, and that all of this ordeal can end soon for Logan and y'all!

Nice pics from Hobe Sound too! =)

Janella said...

So glad for the update-checking your blog is just like checking the mail everyday:) So glad you had a good time in FL. a break you needed. Love, Janella

Ronda said...

Loved the ocean pictures! Glad that you were able to go to Florida! Praying for Logan...

Rebekah said...

Melodie,
Sorry I missed you when you were here!! I'm glad you were able to make it and had a good time!

Myranda said...

So glad you went - you needed it!

Love you!!

Aimee said...

hey...i recognize that ocean. =)

Steve Hight said...

Hey, how can a holiness preacher and missionary wear cool reflective shades like that? Looks worldly to me! I wonder who I report this guy to . . . .

:-)

lauralavon said...

Melodie,
I check in on you guys every once in a while, especially to see how your little guy is doing. You all have been in our prayers as you deal with this situation.
So happy for you that you could take the Florida trip!
We're looking forward to next year when Mark and Mercy are scheduled to be with us at Mode Camp! I trust the healing will soon be complete for Logan.
Blessings!
Laura(Bailey)Ferguson

Anita Marie said...

We were blessed here in England by Marc's preaching at Sea Breeze over the internet and we've been praying for Logan. It may have already been mentioned to you but it would be a good idea to make sure he is eating yoghurt to replace the good bacteria in his digestive system since he's been on so many courses of antibiotics. We believe with you for healing.

Vonnie said...

Love the pictures of the ocean. So glad you were able to go to Hobe Sound for the weekend. Glad to hear about Logan's improvement. We have been and are continuing to pray for him and you all!! We love you! We had a great time tuning in to the services when we could. I think I heard Marc three times and Bro. Durr twice.!!