Tuesday, March 31, 2009
We realize that over the past few days you have received much information from Mexico Bible Methodist Missions. However, we want to inform you of a signifigant change in facts from our monthly newsletter that we recently sent out. The TLC team will not be able to come to Mexico this summer.
Therefore, there are open dates and projects available for work/ministry teams. So many of you spoke with us during our Share Support Tour and before, telling us of your interest in coming to Mexico and participating in projects here.
The open dates are June 1 - July 10, 2009. We would be able to provide your housing (a large team may need to help with rental of a facility).
Possible projects would range between light construction, painting, cleaning, roofing, remodeling several churches and parsonages.....Ministry opportunities would include VBS and tract and Bible distribution.
Maybe you are not able to come to Mexico and work but would be interested in helping with the needed funds or items (tracts or Bibles) for these projects.
If you have interest in coming to Mexico or in contributing to these projects, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to give you more information.
Monday, March 30, 2009
Kenya and Logan helped me with the laundry.
And did they put away the hot dogs for lunch! :)
Marlene helping with dishes.
We even had time for a scrapbook party.
And look who konked out on the couch mid-afternoon... Kenya had gone as far as she could. :)
Cesia and Cyntia had fun checking email and chatting.
Jazihiel, Cameron and Jordan playing baseball in the street.
We ended the day, meeting Dolores and Sylvia and Christy at McDonalds and enjoyed hearing the update of how their day had gone in Zacatecas. As you can imagine, my boys were thrilled having company all day long and it didn't take longer than a few minutes for all 3 to get to sleep that night. :)
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Kristi has already taken charge of her piece. :)
..while her twin and my seat partner at church, Kenia, threatens to finish off the whole bowl...:) she was giggling when I took this picture.
A rare smile from Logan's buddy, Jazihiel.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
As you know, Jordan had his 14th birthday on Sunday. As is the custom here in our churches, they asked Jordan to come to the front. Everyone came around to shake his hand, they sang happy birthday to him (in Spanish, of course), they took an offering for him and then Pastor Santiago prayed a special prayer of blessing over him. It was such a neat time.
Bernardo and Arely's precious 3 month old baby girl - Estrella. She's such a smiling, happy baby. Here she is smiling at my friend, Isela.
We enjoyed wonderful meals and fellowship in the home of Pastor Santiago and his family. Here we're eating our Sunday night supper. After I took this photo I realized the string hanging down to turn on the light fell directly across Pastor Santiago's face. Sorry, Brother. :)
We thank the Lord for His help in this revival, for His protection over our family and our people here in this border town, and each of you for your prayers. Thank you, Bro. Santiago, for inviting us to minister and que Dios les bendiga a ustedes muy ricamente!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Jordan, we love you and we are so proud that you are our son. God has awesome plans for your life and we can already see Him working in you to make you what He has planned for you to be.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
- Weekend Revival in Rio Bravo. Tomorrow, we are traveling to the Mexican border town of Rio Bravo, Tamaulipas for Marc to begin preaching a weekend revival in our Bible Methodist Church there, continuing through Sunday night. We ask your prayers for God's annointing on Marc's preaching and our singing ministry this weekend and for the reviving presence of the Holy Spirit to renew and revive us and our Mexican brethren there. Due to the dramatic escalation of the drug wars and violence in border towns, we also request prayer for our family's safety. We will be staying in accomodations provided for us there in the town of Rio Bravo.
- MRI/Doctor Visit for Logan. Logan will be going in for another MRI this coming Monday morning and we will be meeting with the Infectious Disease Specialist on Tuesday afternoon to discuss the results. Logan has been taken off the antifungal medication for a month now (after having been on this expensive medication for a year)and this MRI is to see how he has done off the medication and if the swelling from the fungus is gone. We appreciate your prayers.
Thank you so much for your prayer support - we count on it!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
- You could email me at email@example.com with a special message for your Sister. I could translate your message and get it to your Sister as soon as possible.
- You could send a snail mail card. This would take a little longer for me to receive, translate and pass on, but I know would be something the ladies would enjoy. In this you could include pictures of your family, yourself, your church, etc...
- If you're interested in birthday, anniversary information, I could work on getting that together and passing along a small gift you might want to send her way for those special days.
- Any additional Thinking of You care package you send would be passed on to her as I'm able.
- Sharing prayer requests you may have and asking her for any prayer requests she may have is a good way to connect. Share about your family, your children, your ministry...ask about hers.
These are just a few suggestions. Thanks again for participating!
Just a quick reminder to those of you who are sending Care Package items: We need those items as soon as possible to put the packages together and have them ready by mid-April. Please send them to our Texas address included in the sidebar of our blog - we will pick them up there.
Enjoy your Wednesday! Melodie
Saturday, March 7, 2009
And here's another one coming
My waist high pink geraniums - Spanish: geranio - (higher actually with the new blooms) and very tall bamboo. This photo doesn't show how deep pink the blooms really are, or of course, how tall the bamboo is. It's twice as tall as my back yard wall.
And with all this sun and these beautiful breezes, why throw these jeans in my much-loved dryer? Let's take advantage of what we have. :) I do have clotheslines but they were full. :) So goes life with 3 boys.
Hope you've enjoyed this taste of spring - I know I am.