Friday, May 25, 2007

School's Out!

Yay! the boys and I finished up our second year of homeschool today - Jordan finished 6th, Cameron finished 4th and Logan finished 2nd. Are we ever happy!!??

Now, it's nothing but summer up ahead - although we've been in our summer here in Salamanca for about a month and a half - this is our hot time of the year and it sure has lived up to it's name. In the 90s every day and no A/C!! But we've survived just fine.

Our summer holds the promise of lots of wonderful stuff:

  • Visit from "Uncle John" Parker, "Papaw" Sams, Walt Hedstrom, Bennie Durr, and Monte Stetler begins tomorrow and goes through next week (yes, I still have lots to do to get ready since homeschool JUST finished today) - we can't wait to see them all!

  • Steve and Beth, Maria and Kent are moving to Texas in a little over 2 weeks - only about 10 hours from us. YAY! We've waited for so long - we're going to go see them and help them move in.

  • We're so privileged to be able to attend Pell City Camp this year - Marc's one of the evangelists - and get to spend wonderful time with family and friends; plus an extra week of taking time to be with family after camp's over.

  • Anthony and Marci and kids are coming to visit us here in Salamanca at the end of July - we are looking forward to their visit.

And more stuff that I can't think of right now...smiles...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad school's out for you... we have about 14 more days AND CAN'T WAIT! I believe that summers are just as much for the Mommy's as for the kids! Ya think?! Glad for all the company that you'll have too... sounds fun! Your blog is great and pictures are so nice. Can't believe that this month makes 19 yrs since graduation from SCCA!! I'm not OLD enough for that!! :) Keep encouraged, Love Laura and family in Romania

Nancy said...

So glad your done with school. Doesn't the last month just feel like torture? That's the time when I can think of 100 good reasons NOT to home school. But then the last day comes, and as I'm putting the books away, I feel like I CAN do it just one more year! Looks like you have a full summer ahead, and a fun one. we think of you all often!!!

Springer Family said...

Congratulations to ALl of you! :-) I remember the wonderful feeling of being done with school for the summer. You'll have to let us know when you're in the valley, you might get to see the new baby. :-) ~Renee

Marty said...

Congratulations for finishing school! I know that wonderful feeling and I've only done it for one year for ONE child! Multiple children comes way to soon!

Maybe we will get to see you in Pell City...don't know yet! Have a great summer! Sorry about the no A/C...I do know that when I lived in Florida with no AC in the dorm that I did get adjusted to it! I'll try not to take mine for granted!

Have a great weekend!

The Dickinsons said...

Congrats! Since we just got our sch. books at the end of Jan. we're not quite done yet. Kimberly has a few more PACES to finish, and Sarah should finish today or Monday. (Which is GREAT that she'll finish soon...since I have her kindergarten graduation to cook for and plan for next Sat. June 2nd! =)
So glad for all the Summer guests...how fun! And neat that Steve and Beth and family will be living not tooo many hours away!
Have a wonderful weekend in Jesus,
Love, Heather =)

Martha C said...

I was so happy for you as I read your summer guest list! :-)

Tamra said...

Can't wait for your visit to our house in July!