Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wednesday update

Hi, it's Wednesday, and "lonely me" is surviving so far. Just a few more days to go until Marc returns home! I can't wait.

So much to do in the next week or two. I'm organizing, packing up, sorting things in this apartment to be ready to leave on deputation in about 1 week and a half. In the meantime, we're planning to help the Stetlers move to Saltillo! ....like I said, so much to do! But I've made good progress today so we'll see what happens.

I also sent out our May Missionary Newsletter today. If you don't receive that and would like to, just drop me an email at melodiesankey@yahoo.com.

Marc and Steve are doing well in Oaxaca. The past few days have been full of preaching, testifying and singing in Spanish, driving and hiking to visit mountain churches, visiting with pastors, eating Oaxacan food (which my husband tells me is quite different), taking lots of pictures, etc.....

The heat and humidity today have been unreal here. My vehicle thermometer said 99F. Beth and I walked out of Wal-mart and just had to catch our breath for a second...it felt like you were breathing water - hot water!

I love this relaxed pic of my boys with one of their friends, Joshua Lopez. He and his 4 siblings were neighbors of ours and great friends of our boys! We miss them!

Hasta luego.....


6 comments:

Michele said...

99! WOW! I have had to turn the heat on the past few mornings to get the chill off the house. Can't wait to see you!

Sarah Cook said...

Now that does sound HOT! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. So wonderful about that bill being payed for! Praise God!

Constance said...

It has been very rainy here and not so hot. I have come to the realization that we live in a rain forest. Oh, well. Very exciting on the hospital bill. Praise the Lord. He always knows what we need and when to give it.

Ronda said...

Sounds like ya'll are truly busy! Wow! Great picture of your boys and their friend...They look so tanned and happy...Today is our last day of school and there is excitement in the air! (That was awesome about the hospital bill...what an answer to prayer!)

The Millard Family said...

Sounds like its a busy time for you! We will look forward to seeing you sometime

Nancy said...

I need to comment more often, don't I !? I always enjoy reading your blog. We think of you all OFTEN and we're so glad Logan is doing better. Our kids have heard quite a bit about your 3 boys....they are in Charlotte's Junoir church at Kenwood and the past little while the theme has been "Mexico". They have even learned a couple Spnaish choruses. Interesting! Since you are leaving on deputation. maybe that means we'll see you at some point? Hope so!