Friday, December 19, 2008

They're Here!



Andrew and Vonnie and kids arrived in Monterrey, N.L. Mexico yesterday afternoon. Marc and Logan went to the airport to help them with their rental vehicle and to lead them home to Saltillo in our vehicle. The warm weather they "ordered" has arrived - it's in the mid 80s today - just beautiful.

They were starving when they arrived so the chicken fajitas I had made were just what we needed - here we are digging in!



They unloaded and get somewhat settled in then we took a walk around our beautiful colonia - neighborhood - and watched the kids playing in the park with some Mexican kids.


Beth and Steve arrived back from Laredo from picking up Maria and we all enjoyed sitting in our back yard last night, visiting and just catching up. It was fun. Then we enjoyed leftover fajitas and tried to enjoy a dessert that I'll not even talk about on here. It was a total flop and could have won the award for the Ugliest Dessert Ever. It's only saving virtue was the chocolate chips on top.

We're so glad to have Vonnie and Andrew and kids here. All we lack is Mom and Dad Sankey - they're arriving on Monday!

5 comments:

Janet Sankey said...

Oh my...now I really can't wait to get there...but I guess I'll hafta', huh? Everyone looks so good. I am trying to get everything packed and ready to come. It's a chore but keeps me busy and not fretting about not being there yet:-). Love you all. Mom

The Dickinsons said...

Thanks for posting these pics...I loved seeing everyone! Have a blast being together!!

Becky said...

It looks like fun! Your house looks great! Have a wonderful Christmas!!

Carrie said...

I'm so glad that you're able to have family in for the holidays!

Kim M. said...

I bet they are loving that weather! Glad that they made it safe and sound.
The wind chill here last night was 18 below! brrr!!!
Y'all have a Merry Christmas!