Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our Thursday

Brennan finished up his internship with us here in Mexico and left on Thursday morning to head home. He gave me these beautiful flowers and Marc the M&M's as a thank you gift. So sweet of him! We so much enjoyed having him here - thanks Brennan for everything - come back soon!



We ate at Pollo Loco (again) for lunch on Thursday - I promise I did cook for them while they were here..lol.....then headed down to the villages of San Rafael and La Boca. Marc was talking to this sweet elderly Mexican lady in La Boca.

Jackson, Treyton and Jada in front of the nopales and maguey (cactus) in La Boca. They stood WAY in front of the plants - they have some wicked thorns on them. Ask Jordan.


We stopped at Bro. Daniel Pena's store in San Rafael and as usual, he had everyone come in and choose a bag of chips or cookies and a bottle of Coke.


When we got back to Saltillo, we went to the "slide park" as we call it. My faithful blog readers have seen these slides before. For those who haven't, there's a huge park in Saltillo that has 8 or 9 huge concrete slides to play on. Children and adults alike have a great time. :-) Here's Cameron, Jackson, Jada and Treyton clear at the top.


Jackson and Jada sliding together


Nathan and the kids just "coming in for the landing".


We all took turns signing Jada's cast. It was so cute - she would tell us where to sign and what to write! :-)


2 comments:

Marlene said...

I have been to these slides.... when my parents, Derald and Kim Hunt, were missionaries in Monterrey!!! What great fun they were! This is the first time that I've ever seen your blog, and you might not even know me, but it has brought back so many memories of our time in Mexico! I love it down there!

sankey family said...

Marlene, I don't believe we've met, but I would love to get to know you. Email me at melodiesankey@yahoo.com sometime. Do you have a blog?