Friday, October 19, 2007

IHC is underway

This promises to be another very full day now that the Central Mexico IHC is underway but I want to take a few minutes this morning to update you on what's happening here.

First of all, my husband arrived back home safely after his States trip with Dolores Hernandez to attend the Missions Board Meeting. The Lord helped Marc translate in the board meetings on Monday, as well the 2 services they attended on Sunday. He arrived home Tuesday night, very tired. I was so glad to have him back.





On Wednesday evening, we welcomed my inlaws, Leonard and Janet Sankey. We picked them up at the airport, we were hungry and you know where we took them - to eat tacos! We were joined by the Planks and the Burches.








Last night was the first night of the IHC and what a wonderful service we had! The Lord's presence was there throughout the songs, testimonies, and then my father-in-law preached a great message to "kick things off". I'm constantly amazed at his Spanish. What he has retained from so many years ago is just amazing. And my mother in law, too...after the service she's talking to people, interacting....it's just wonderful to have them here in our home and in the IHC.
Of course, Grandma brought LOTS of great things for the boys (and for Marc and me): clothes, shoes, candy, books, and much more! Thanks!
Today's a full day as I mentioned at the top - thank you for praying for our family and for the Convention this week. Many of our Bible Methodist pastors and people are still arriving from different places in Mexico. We're excited to be with them again!
More pics later when Blogger will cooperate.

11 comments:

Beth Stetler said...

Thanks for the update! I've been dying to know what's going on. Tell everybody I said Hi or Hola whichever the situation warrants!
:-)

Missy said...

I am so glad that everyone made it there safely. That is a long trip! I loved the pictures of the taco place. I so bad want some of those right now. That was my favorite food that we ate when we were there. Those tacos are "da bomb!" lol! I for sure want those again when we are able to come back. Can't wait to see you again...whenever that will be. Love you and am proud of you!!! lv...mm

Missy said...

I am so glad that everyone made it there safely. That is a long trip! I loved the pictures of the taco place. I so bad want some of those right now. That was my favorite food that we ate when we were there. Those tacos are "da bomb!" lol! I for sure want those again when we are able to come back. Can't wait to see you again...whenever that will be. Love you and am proud of you!!! lv...mm

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

We will be praying for a wonderful IHC for you all!!! Sure wish we could have had our box shipped by now!!!

The Dickinsons said...

So glad that your husband arrived home safely. And glad that your in-laws arrived safely. Sounds like y'all are having a great IHC, Praise the Lord.

Trust all continues to go well, and that y'all's services are blessed with God's presence.

Love, Heather =)

Steve Hight said...

Greetings to the Sankeys, both the elder and the younger. I'm miffed. I come home from Guatemala and my pastor leaves! Hmmmph!

I agree about the tacos. Would I ever enjoy eating a few of them.

May the Lord grant great services all week.

Steve Hight said...

Another note: Leonard Sankey is always "worried" about how he will do preaching in Spanish. Ha ha. He really does do great with the language -- though I'm not exactly sure what "after all these years" is supposed to mean! :-)

The Millard Family said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. We go to Mexican Resturants and eat Americanized mexican food and just dream of what it would be like eating the real thing with you all. One day we will know, Lord willing! Thank God for His blessings on your IHC.

Steve Hight said...

To the Millard family:

You're right about Americanized Mexican food. The real thing is often MUCH different! For one, thing, at least in my experience, most of the food in Mexico and Central America isn't nearly as spicy and hot as many people think it is. There's "hot stuff" on the table to add to the food, if you like.

There ARE some hot foods, though, and one of the spiciest I've ever had was there in Salamanca when I preached there two or three years ago.

Vonnie said...

I'm glad to know others are having problems with blogger too. I can hardly check on anyone because it keeps timing out, etc. So glad to hear Mom and Dad and the Planks made it safely there. Looks like alot of fun and alot of work too!!!

Tamra said...

So glad the guys arrived home safely. Looks like you are having a great time with all your guests. Can't wait to visit ourselves! :)