Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Visiting Cuchicuato

I love this pic of Missy and all the kids in front of our house.

On the second Sunday night of Missy and Gerald's visit, we all went out to visit our Bible Methodist church in the village of Cuchicuato. The pastor and people there are so precious - we always enjoy when we can go for a service and love taking family/visitors with us.



Marc preached in the service and did a great job. It's cool to hear your husband preach in 2 different languages. Anyway, I was called on to stand and pray for the offering (again, Beth!!) and I stammered through. Bro. Jose Cruz sang a special song, playing his guitar and it was hauntingly beautiful. Hard to explain unless you were there.


After church, Missy and I handed out over 100 of our homemade chocolate chip cookies to the people there - they loved them! I've done this a couple times before and you'd think I was handing out gold nuggets.
The people just LOVED Caden - he's not shy and let them all hold him and make over him.

I got to meet Graciela, Bro. Jose's wife and their children for the first time. They used to pastor the Bible Meth. Church in Oaxaca City and are now assisting in the Cuchicuato church. She was so precious and their children are just adorable.

9 comments:

Janet Sankey said...

I love your pictures of your time in Cuchicuato. They are so neat and really show how much you guys are relating to the people. I'm so proud of all you are doing. By the way...I like chocolate chip cookies, too!! Especially Maria's recipe. I heard you make her recipe from time to time. She just gave it to me a couple weeks ago and I've already tried it!! Yummy, it is indeed the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I have ever used. See you soon. Love, Mom

The Dickinsons said...

Enjoyed all of the pics! I'm sure that your choc. chip cookies were yummy, and that your people loved them. My poor church people will be glad when I get over being nauseated with this pregnancy, so I will make them cookies again. I try to make them cookies every other weekend. =)

God bless y'all as you labor for Him there in Mexico!

Heather in Colombia! =)

Rebekah said...

I enjoy looking at your pictures!! What a great work you are doing!! That's a wonderful idea about the cookies!! They look yummy!!!!

The Going Blog said...

Even Americans get excited over chocolate chip cookies! :) I'm so glad your sister and her family came to see you. Will your life be slowing down anytime soon? :)

Lori said...

So nice that some of your family has been able to visit you there, I'm sure they enjoyed seeing your new life in Mexico!

The Millard Family said...

Love the way you love those people! God is blessing them through your CC cookies!

Vonnie said...

Wonderful pictures!! Glad you got through your prayer!!

Tamra said...

You are such a giving person. You look so pretty in that outfit! Enjoyed these pics.

sarahmfry said...

Wow, Melodie. I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face. You look so beautiful. Your cookies look good, too! But it's more than awww...look at her with all those Mexican babies.

It's the story of how God can take an already beautiful lady and add so many more layers of obedience and patience and longsuffering and giving and committment and tears and blessing to her life and she comes out looking like you - with His strength written all over you.