Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Day in our Favorite US City, Cincinnati

We had a very special family day last Friday. We spent it in our favorite city in the US, Cincinnati, Ohio. I have lived in this city at 2 different times in my life, I met and fell in love with my husband here, practiced my first attempts at homemaking in a little attic apartment in this city, explored it and walked its paths....we love this city!




We visited 2 of our favorite places in the city: the Union Terminal and the Riverfront. We enjoyed the OmniMax presentation and then walked down the Riverfront/the Serpentine Wall to the very River overlook where Marc asked me to be his wife. I'll never forget that cloudy cool May evening. I said Yes! and have never regretted it! He has made me the happiest girl alive!

We showed our boys the exact place where we became engaged to be married on May 14, 1991 - they seemed duly impressed...smiles...

We arrived on the God's Bible School Campus, our alma mater from which we both graduated in May of 1994, for the evening Homecoming Celebration. It was awesome to see lots of old friends, former professors, be with some of our family, and to walk the campus of GBS. So many happy memories were brought back to mind, days of spiritual formation and personal happiness. We were blessed indeed to be able to attend Homecoming!

We enjoyed singing in the Alumni Choir

The Mass Choir was outstanding!

Papaw and Grandma Sankey enjoying HomeFest with the boys

Spending time with their cousin, Maria


Jordan's already planning his arrival in a few years! Now that's hard to believe.

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

Awesome post! Glad to see all of the pictures of Cincinnati and Mom, Dad, Maria, and all of you. I love Cincinnati too, but I'm not sure if Cincinnati or Knoxville would be my favorite big city. We love them both! Of course, Cincy is WAY bigger than Knoxville, but being the "hick" that I am, I think of Knoxville as a big city! :)