Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Greenest Place in Saltillo

We have passed this park lots of times on the highway in Saltillo and Friday night, we decided to go and see what it was like. Definitely the greenest place around - it was beautiful.

Brennan and our boys trying out the playground.. :-) (while trying to hold onto their Starbucks cups)

Cameron having fun

My hot, sweaty younger boys just after running out of the Shrub Maze. I hate those things! :-)



The grass was so green and thick - we were all amazed. Thick green grass is just one of those rare things you don't take for granted when you live in Saltillo, Mexico. :-)

While the guys tossed the Frisbee, Marc and I sat on the grass and just enjoyed talking and catching up. I am so blessed with the wonderful man God gave me as my husband almost 17 years ago. This Saturday marks 17 years as his wife - I love you, Marc.


As we were leaving, we passed this little fruit cart. Check out the beautifully sculptured fruit sprinkled with chili powder! The fruit you see there is coconut (in the back), jicama (white fruit on the sticks) and mango (yellow fruit on the sticks) - yummy!

It was a great way to spend a couple hours on a Friday night. The boys are already asking to go back. :-)

2 comments:

Beth Stetler said...

looks like fun! :o)

Janalee May Duarte said...

Hi from Brazil! I found your blog through the MK blog. I enjoyed lookig at the Pics and "meeting" other Missionaries around the world. May the Lord Bless you as you serve HIM! Janalee Duarte MK in Brazil!